Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Last Stop on Market Street

Last Stop on Market Street represented several firsts for me. It's the first Newbery . . . 
 . . . I have ever finished on the drive home from the library.
 . . . I have read since becoming a mom.
 . . . I have ever read twice in one sitting.
 . . . I have ever read to my son. 
Most of these firsts were facilitated by the fact that it is a 28-page picture book.


I feel fairly strongly that reading a review of a book should take a small fraction (<1/100th?) of the time it takes to read the book and I fear I have already violated that rule so I will conclude by saying that Last Stop on Market Street is a short and sweet story about a boy and his grandma riding a bus to provide service at a soup kitchen with a good message of volunteerism and being grateful for one's circumstances. And it made me feel like I could write a Newbery, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment